Millions suffer from the broad range of injuries and conditions that affect the spine. Degenerative, traumatic, and oncologic conditions are being encountered with increased frequency. Debilitating pain and impaired function often keep people from working and enjoying normal lives.
The Yale Orthopaedic Spine service treats adult and pediatric patients with acute or chronic spine problems. This includes fractures, scoliosis, disc disorders, tumors, and arthritic and degenerative diseases of the spine.
Among the special services offered are the following:
- Treatment of cervical, thoracic, and lumber conditions
- Cervical and lumbar discectomy
- Spinal decompression
- Treatment of spinal fractures and injury
- Scoliosis diagnosis and treatment for adults and children
- Management of deformity including spondylolisthesis
- Disc replacement surgery
- Motion preserving procedures for spinal pain
- Complex spinal instrumentation
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal complications of rheumatoid arthritis
Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation and Professor of Pediatrics
Associate Professor of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation